THAILAND : THE PLACE TO BE
- Emerging Country: Thailand is the world's 51st largest country by area, 20th largest country by population and the 32nd largest country in the world by economic size.
- Hub of ASEAN: with strategic location among ASEAN, it is easy access to the Greater Mekong sub region (GMS). Hence, Thailand has high potential to be regional logistic hub.
- Growing economy: The Economic Intelligence Center of the Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) has predicted that Thailand’s economy is expected to expand further in 2018, to around 3.5 percent.
- Policy support: Thailand has long been a proponent of free & fair trade and its attractiveness as a production base for leading international companies is enhanced by a number of free trade agreements.
- Energy trend: Thailand is moving full steam ahead towards the use of LED lighting. In 2016, the turnover in the LED bulb market has increased 33%, with a total market value of THB 4,960 million.
LED AND ENERGY SAVING PROJECT IN THAILAND
- An “investment subsidy” for LED light bulb or variable Speed/Inverter replacement will be provided by Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency (DEDE), with a total subsidy campaign budget of 521,125,000 THB.
- An “investment subsidy” for LED light bulb, energy conservation machinery and equipment replacement will be provided by Department of Alternative Energy Development (DEDE), 20% for factory and Building control act and 30% for SMEs, SMCE and entrepreneur.
- “ESCO Revolving Fund” by Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency (DEDE) to encourage private investments in renewable energy and energy efficiency projects and facilitates project owners or investors in order to benefit from selling carbon credit.